The first featured set of worksheets is designed to help you through the process of mapping out your story using the Hero's Journey, a story crafting technique made popular by Joseph Campbell who identified key segments common to the world's most popular myths across every culture.
The worksheets are interactive -- meaning these aren't static PDF downloads you need to make copyies of or recreate inside of some other writing software. You can add your own text to them within the course dashboards, make edits and changes, cut and paste, download PDFs, and share them with other writers enrolled in the course.
I will be adding additional interactive worksheets as time goes on, and you'll have continued access no matter how many more workbooks, forms, and tips sheets get added in the future.
These worksheets are for you if:
- You have a piece of a story idea, but you're not sure where to take it.
- You know how the story begins, but not how it ends.
- You know the ending but need help figuring out how your characters got there.
- You're writing an epic novel.
- You're writing a short story.
- You're writing screenplays, stage plays, picture books or comic books!
- You want to share and trade ideas with other writers.
This is NOT for you if:
- You're looking for pre-made, fill-in-the-blank "MadLibs" kind of story templates.
- You're already happy with your current writing process and don't believe a little extra insight might make even a slight improvement.
- Your story and characters are already written in stone or fully-formed in your mind and you don't want to explore interesting detours.
- You already know everything there is to know in the world.
- You're a great big Jerky-McJerkface.
"Is a story is in you, it has got to come out."
~ William FaulkerThese worksheets are designed to help you get the story out of your head and onto the page.